Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Assorted Cute Photos from an Otherwise Ordinary Life

My posting has slowed down a bit since Stella arrived.  It's not even that I've been too busy to write.  I just feel like life has been pretty ordinary (ha!  my blog title proves appropriate!), without many events or interesting ponderings to share.

....Although some of my favorite blogs to read/look at are the ones where the writers simply document the sweet little bits of "ordinary life" - so maybe I just need to be better at seeing the beauty and blessings in the everyday.  hmm....this is actually a good project for myself....

Anyways, life with two little ones is going well.  I still maintain that the transition has not been bad at all.  But again, I haven't even made it through month one.  I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop...

We had a few slightly more interesting happenings this weekend, which I mostly failed to capture on camera [Yes, I'm the least dedicated blogger ever.  That said, I don't want to ever feel like I'm missing out on real life because I'm too worried about taking pictures of it to share on the internet.  I'll need to factor that in to the proposed "project" I mentioned above].  Our good friends stayed with us, and became Stella's godparents on Sunday.  I didn't get ANY pictures of the baptism itself , but am awaiting some copies to be e-mailed by the grandparents. 

But I did get one of Stella sleeping near the cake at the party afterwards!
She had been wearing a traditional long white baptismal gown, but it had already been removed by this point.  There's something cool about the gown that I also failed to get a picture of...my mother-in-law will be sending me one soon, though.  So stay tuned for "Baptism part II: the stuff I was too distracted to document myself"


Stella got maybe the coolest baby book ever from her new godparents....
(sorry that these came out so dark)

 It teaches counting using themes from Pride and Prejudice.  Some sample pages...
 Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy

 This page shows "four marriage proposals".  I love the artwork!



Also, Sly got a birthday gift from a great-aunt and -uncle: the CUTEST SHIRT EVER!
Cannot WAIT to put him in this!

And here is Stella after someone thought she would like to play with some Legos...
Also, notice what seems to be nail marks on her forehead?  Notice that they are at an angle completely impossible for her to have made herself?  Yes, I have my suspicions about who did that...

**********

In other news, Tom and I are planning a date night for very soon.  The entire date is going to entail us going to a bar (somewhere, anywhere) and drinking alcohol.  Because we haven't been able to do that since before we had kids!  I'm looking forward to it, especially since it's the time of year when they start serving PUMPKIN beer :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Stella! And what an awesome counting book! Forget the kids, I need that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats sweet Stella! :) What precious gifts! I had my first pumpkin beer last night...very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha- that book is awesome! I love Jane's response to Bingley--"oh sure!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. that book is so cute (almost as cute as stella, ha ha)!! i'm adding it to claire's christmas list immediately!

    ReplyDelete