Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trip to the Library

Today, my tutoring session ended a bit early, so I found myself browsing the shelves. After only 10 minutes of looking, I had to stop myself from picking out any more. I came home with five books and four DVD's. I realized that most of them fall into two general categories...

Items with the theme "The Past Was Cool"
The Pennsylvania Road Show (DVD)
Do: a little book of early American know-how
Fashions of a Decade: The 1940s
Fashions of a Decade: The 1950s
Fashion in the Forties and Fifties

Items with the theme "The Present is Scary"
The Estrogen Effect: Assault on the Male (DVD)
The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals


I'm especially intrigued by those two.

[FYI, my other choices were a documentary about the Nazi theft of priceless art (The Rape of Europa) and another about Square Foot Gardening.


In other news: The trip to Philly/NYC went well, and our almost-9-month old came home a CRAWLER!

1 comment: